- Utilities included
- Single occupancy
- Smoke free community
- Fitness center
- Community room with TV
- Computer room
- Barbeque area
- Appliances include range, refrigerator and microwave
- Onsite laundry
- Bike shop
- Onsite housing case management
- Onsite food pantry
- Income and occupancy restrictions apply
- LEED Certified
LEED Certification Standards
Dunlap Pointe received a LEED Platinum rating on December 9th, 2021!
LEED, or Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, is a globally recognized symbol of excellence in green building. LEED certification ensures electricity cost savings, lower carbon emissions and healthier environments where people live, work, learn, play and worship. In the United States alone, buildings account for almost 40 percent of national CO2 emissions, but LEED-certified buildings have 34 percent lower CO2 emissions, consume 25 percent less energy and 11 percent less water, and have diverted more than 80 million tons of waste from landfills.
New LEED for Homes Multifamily Platinum project, Dunlap Pointe, incorporates many sustainable initiatives hoping to provide a positive impact on both the environment and local community.
Sustainable initiatives include:
* Incorporating “High-Quality-Transit” (close proximity to public transportation) to encourage use of public transit resulting in lower regional pollution.
* Building on infill lots allowing for closer access to community resources and using existing infrastructure rather than developing new roads and utilities.
* The promotion of water conservation through the use of drought tolerant plants, thus reducing the overall irrigation requirements.
* Providing highly-efficient plumbing fixtures to reduce overall water demand.
* The installation of Energy Star appliances in order to reduce electricity demand.
* The use of high-efficiency HVAC equipment and the use of non-HCFC refrigerants.
These are just some of the many LEED for Homes directives implemented into Dunlap Pointe. For more information regarding LEED for Homes, please visit: www.greenhomeguide.com.