New Communities In Development
Affordable Housing for Families - Opening December 2019
Urban Living on Fillmore is a high quality, transit and pedestrian oriented mixed income affordable housing development located with in the Transit Oriented Design overlay of the Metro Light-Rail line near downtown Phoenix at Filmore and Second Avenue. The Project will provide 63 (studio, one, two and three bedroom) loft and apartment units for low-income households at 40%, 50% or 60% of Area Median Income. Residents will enjoy access to community meeting spaces, the ability to live close to employment and educational ervices, community, peer support and social services, and cultural and recreational opportunities that are easily accessed by walking or public transportation.
Native American Connections’ cultural heritage dictates that we are mindful of the impact our actions have on future generations. Many of our housing communities incorporate LEED Certification Standards including:
- Incorporating “High-Quality-Transit” (close proximity to public transportation) to encourage use of public transit resulting in lower regional pollution.
- Providing secure bicycle storage to tenants helping to promote fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
- Building on infill lots allowing for closer access to community resources and using existing infrastructure rather than developing new roads and utilities.
- Developing a high density complex that reduces the overall footprint of project but also provides a comfortable living experience for the tenants.
- The promotion of water conservation through the use of drought tolerant plants, thus reducing the overall irrigation requirements.
- Providing highly-efficient plumbing fixtures to reduce overall water demand.
- The installation of Energy Star appliances in order to reduce electricity demand.
- The use of high-efficiency HVAC equipment and the use of non-HCFC refrigerants.
These are just some of the many LEED for Homes directives planned for the community. For more information regarding LEED for Homes, please visit : www.greenhomeguide.com.