New Communities In Development
Camelback Pointe - Opening December 2017
Located on the light rail near 15th Avenue and Camelback, Camelback Pointe is NAC’s newest housing development and will feature 54 units of permanent supportive housing. Like all NAC housing communities, residents will benefit from an on-site computer center, recreational and social activities along with a bike shop. Situated within the Solano District, Camelback Pointe is close to parks, shopping, healthy food options and medical providers including Phoenix Baptist Hospital.
Native American Connections’ cultural heritage dictates that we are mindful of the impact our actions have on future generations. Many of our housing communities incorporate LEED Certification Standards including:
- Incorporating “Transit-oriented-design” (close proximity to public transportation) to encourage use of public transit resulting in lower regional pollution.
- Providing secure bicycle storage to tenants helping to promote fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
- Building on infill lots allowing for closer access to community resources and using existing infrastructure rather than developing new roads and utilities.
- Developing a high density complex that reduces the overall footprint of project but also provides a comfortable living experience for the tenants.
- Promoting water conservation through the use of drought tolerant plants, thus reducing the overall irrigation requirements.
- Providing highly-efficient plumbing fixtures to reduce overall water demand.
- Installing Energy Star appliances in order to reduce electricity demand.
- Using high-efficiency HVAC equipment and non-HCFC refrigerants.
- (For more information regarding LEED for Homes, please visit : www.usgbc.org/leed/rating-systems/homes).