Start the school year with a great big smile; check out these back to school tips from the Strong Teeth Strong Kid campaign, complete with Arizona dentist and AZ dental coverage resources!
The Back To School Parent Checklist for their Strong Kid:
Clothes ✔ Books and supplies ✔ Hair ✔ Dentist Appointment ?
Uh Oh! Don't forget the check-up! STSK has you covered; schedule an appointment today!
No one should go without dental care; make sure your child is covered. Check out this list of dental coverage available to Arizonans of all ages.
Looking for the right dental clinic for you? Check out this list of clinics across Tribal areas and throughout Maricopa county.
More Back to School Tips!
1. Schedule a dental appointment: Dental cleaning, sealant or fluoride treatment. Get your child established with a Pediatric dentist and make follow up appointments. The more visits the more comfort and confidence your child will have. Here's a tip: try playing dentist so your kiddo is familiar with what happens during their visit! See more resources for preparing for your child's annual dental check-ups here.
2. Pack tooth friendly lunches for school: Your child can enjoy a fun healthy lunch for school that's also tooth friendly. Watch this short video that makes lunch fun and good for a child’s teeth and overall health.
3. Make brushing fun: Brushing twice a day is the goal. These tricks can encourage kids to brush more:
- Sticker Calendar: let your kids place a sticker at the end of the day to show their brushing and flossing progress
- Music: Play at least two minutes of their favorite song(s) and have them brush the whole time
- Personalized toothbrush: Let your child pick the toothbrush they want with favorite color or theme
- Provide a kid-friendly flosser: Y shaped dental picks make flossing easier
- See more! Check out other brushing tips for children 0 - 12+
Strong Teeth Strong Kid & Our Partners
Native American Connections and the Arizona Advisory Council on Indian Health Care launched the Strong Teeth, Strong Kid Campaign in November 2019, coinciding with Native American Heritage Month. The Strong Teeth Strong Kid Campaign raises awareness of the importance of dental milestones for American Indian children ages 0-5 years. The Campaign S-milestones will help ensure children grow up with totally AHHH-SOME Teeth!
To learn more about the campaign, visit us at strongteethstrongkid.org.
Become an Oral Health Partner!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (602) 254-3247 to connect with our team and get involved!