AA / Recovery Meetings
AA Meetings Open to Public! Hosted at NAC Outpatient on Wednesdays and Patina Mountain Preserve on Thursdays (effective 10/5/2023).
AA Meeting Schedule
Wednesdays, 11:00am - 12:00pm, NAC Outpatient, 4520 N. Central Ave. Suite 100 PHX, AZ 85012
Thursdays, 7:30pm - 8:30pm, Patina Mountain Preserve, 1431 E Dunlap Ave, PHX, AZ 85020
Additional Recovery Meetings in Phoenix:
Sweat Lodge Ceremony
As with our ancestors, the Sweat Lodge is a traditional purification ceremony. The leader teaches about the ceremony, Native American traditions, culture, and rituals, and the uses of the structure, hot rocks, heat, sacred herbs, and water. NAC hosts two Sweat Lodge Ceremonies for clients, limited client family or care providers, and staff at a 15 person capacity for each ceremony. Please verify your ability to attend and contact the specific location to reserve your space before attendance.
Location: Patina Wellness Center, 337 E. Virginia Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004
Date/Time: Every other Monday, arrive no later than 6:00pm
Location: Patina Mountain Preserve Wellness Center, 1431 E. Dunlap Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85020
Date/Time: every Tuesday, arrive no later than 6:00pm
Participants of NAC's Sweat Lodge Ceremonies
The Sweat Lodges at Patina Wellness Center and Patina Mountain Preserve are closed to the public community with exception to the following groups:
- Residential clients
- NAC Recovery Housing clients
- Active IOP clients
- Active staff members
- Family/Support member of residential clients (1 guest per residential client per ceremony)
- Family/Support member of staff/facilitators (1 guest per staff/facilitator per ceremony)
The Sweat Lodges have a capacity of 15 people; please call the specific location you plan to attend to confirm availability and reserve your space. Patina Sweat Lodges are not co-ed however we do respect the preferences of our Two-Spirited Relatives.
Tips for the Sweat Lodge Ceremony
- Hydration begins prior to ceremony please drink plenty of water throughout the day especially as the summer weather has begun, while there are many benefits to the hot stones, it can prove dangerous if you are not properly hydrated.
- Wear loose clothing - women: long skirt is recommended
- Women who are on their Moon/Cycle are in their own natural process of cleansing; please refrain from ceremony accordingly
- Bring your own towel and water for after ceremony replenishment, the heat from the rocks and structure will leave you sweaty and parched
- May want to remove any jewelry and keep valuables in your vehicles. NAC is not responsible for any person's lost or missing items.